** 2022-2023 ADMISSIONS ARE OPEN WITH SPACES STILL AVAILABLE IN KINDERGARTEN, GRADES 2, 4, 5, & 6; PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT BELOW FOR INFORMATION SPECIFIC**
** SPACE AVAILABLE IN THIS YEAR'S 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 CLASSES; PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL FOR MORE INFORMATION**
Thank you so much for considering St Joseph's School! Children are our most precious gifts and we are so honoured and humbled that you've taken the time to learn about our school!
St Joseph's School is a loving and caring learning community committed to academic excellence and fostering the growth of the whole child. Our work is infused by the teachings of Jesus Christ. The smaller size of our school nurtures a strong sense of community. Our dedicated staff and parents collaborate to inspire the growth of all children so they can become their best selves.
Some of the things that make our school shine:
- Religious education that focuses on Christian values
- A very experienced team of educators dedicated to helping all children learn and be well prepared on their learning journey
- A school culture that encourages learners to be safe, helpful, accountable, respectful and positive
- Use of the BC Ministry of Education’s K – 7 curriculum
- French instruction for grades K – 7 taught by specialist teachers
- Music instruction from K– 7 taught by a specialist teacher
- Extracurricular sports and activities
- Delicious hot lunch on Fridays
- A high staff to learner ratio
- Tax deductible tuition
- After school care program (optional and open to everyone)
Priority for enrolment
- Siblings of children already enrolled at St Joseph’s
- Practising Catholic families belonging to our parish and Catholic families moving in from other communities
- Children who have attended our preschool programme
- Everyone on a first come, first serve basis base on available space
- the child’s ability to take advantage of the educational opportunities offered by the school.
- the school’s ability to meet the child’s particular needs.
- the enrolment priorities outlined above
- commitment the that child will participate in the entire educational programme of the school, including religious education and celebrations
The class size is typically 25 or fewer children, with the principal having the discretion to add additional students.
- You are most welcome to contact the school if you have any questions or to arrange a tour prior to applying for admissions.
- We warmly invite you to start the application process by completing the form attached below. It can be completed digitally or printed. Signatures aren't required on the digital copy until after meeting with the principal. Once complete you are welcome to email or drop it off at the school.
- Once the admissions application has been received, families will be invited to meet with the principal to discuss the school's philosophy, programming, and expectations. The parish priest may attend part of the meeting to help discucss the religious nature of the school
- After meeting and a review of applications based on the above policy, offers of admission will be made. Those who accept offers of admissions will be registered
Funding and Fees
As an independent school, St Joseph’s receives 50% of the funding that a public school receives per student for operating expenses. We receive no government funding for capital expenditures. A tuition fee is charged to help bridge the gap in funding:
Monthly tuition fees for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 are:
- One Child: $295.00/month
- Two children: $395.00/month
- Additional children: $10/month